Coaches Poll Commentary
1. BAMA – A team that had their identity tied to their rugged defense and lost the vast majority of that defense definitely won’t repeat as national champions. I picked them to win it all because of their defense last year. This year they are being picked more for their returning offensive weapons. They may survive what looks to be a much tougher than usual SEC West.
3. Florida – They lost their heart…and their best cornerback and outstanding defensive coordinator. Fun fact for all those Tim Tebow lovers: He won only one SEC title as a starting quarterback. They will lose some games.
16. LSU – The Bayou Bengals have gone 8-8 in SEC play since being the most overrated National Champion in the history of athletics, but they have talent.
17. GA Tech – Jonathon Dwyer and Bay-Bay Thomas are onto the NFL. Coach Johnson, we are onto you. Tech, we own you.
19. Arkansas – Georgia misses Bama and LSU but gets perhaps the most talented offensive team in the SEC instead. They couldn’t stop anyone last season, and that is why they aren’t a preseason top five. That offense is back.
21. GEORGIA – The number one party school in the nation had a football problem last season. I expect ten or more wins, and you should too.
23. Auburn – Another win would even the series history in the Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry. I expect us to possibly drop this game, because winning five in a row against a program of their caliber in such a close series just sounds so unlikely.